Hydro-jetting is a relatively new technique that uses pressurized streams of water to remove scum, grease, dirt and other materials that might try to cling to pipes. Given the unique nature of this type of pipe cleaning, there are a number of unique benefits that it maintains over mechanical and chemical cleaning
Let’s explore some of those benefits.
- Mechanical augers always run the risk of banging at your pipes. They can cause significantly more wear when you routinely need to clean those pipes. The worst part is that certain augers can actually get stuck where hydro-jets would easily be able to fit.
- The other added safety feature with hydro-jetting is that it acts just like normal water does. This reduces the chances of your plumbing suffering any damage.
- Chemical cleaners tend to only chip away at clogs. They settle at the bottom of drains so clogs can build up at the top. Mechanical augers can suffer from similar problems. Hydro-jets, however, can clean the entire pipe in one professional cleaning. This means that your pipes are almost as clean as they were when they were first installed.
- Hydro-jetting cleans dirt, grease, mud, sand, soap and almost anything else you can think of. It can even be used to push pesky paper clogs out of the way. The only things that hydro-jetting has trouble with are tree roots and items that shouldn’t have been put down the toilet in the first place, which includes things like feminine products and diapers.
- Hydro-jetting, while generally a bit more expensive than lightweight augers, is generally significantly cheaper to perform. You’ll pay less in hourly service charges because the process tends to be significantly faster due to the unique way hydro-jetting takes advantage of how water flows to clean.
- Chemical cleaners tend to use things like lye or hydrochloric acid. Both of these things can quickly eat away at metal pipes or make PVC pipes brittle. Hydro-jetting uses only pressurized water to clean. That means your pipes won’t suffer from this type of cleaning.
No other solution uses water by itself to clean you drains, nor do most other solutions provide the same kind of complete cleaning that hydro-jetting does.
If you have the option to do so, then take advantage of hydro-jetting the next time you need your drains cleaned. They’ll thank you for it by giving you fewer hassles.
If you suspect a build-up in your lines, don’t hesitate to schedule hydrojetting services. Call (317) 420-4006 and let Isley Plumbing clear the pipes of your Westfield area home.