You’ve found the leaky pipe, the garbage disposal suddenly stopped working or it is time for a new water heater. What should you expect from your plumbing technician before they arrive to your home?
Knowing what to expect from a home repair professional is important so you are informed and can trust the work being performed in your home. Here are five expectations to remember the next time you have a plumbing appointment.
- Any plumber should be classroom educated, have performed 7600 hours of hand-on training, and be certified and licensed.
- The company you trust to find a solution to your plumbing problem or emergency should answer your phone call in real time.
- Finding a plumbing company that communicates with you consistently is key. Providing information on who will be coming to your home, when they will arrive, and keeping you updated along the way allows for the customer to feel more comfortable with the process.
- Every licensed plumber should come with the right tools and parts to make a fix and provide a solution to your plumbing problem. Being prepared can mean a quicker fix especially when an emergency means time is of the essence.
- You need to be in-the-know. The plumbing technician should explain the solution process and continue to communicate with your throughout the whole process.
At Isley Plumbing, our four generations of experience and high-quality service make use the plumber of choice for our longtime customers and new clients as well. Before you make a call to just any plumber to fix a leaky pipe or install a new water heater — you should make sure Isley Plumbing is your first call.